To Health! To Happiness! To Inspiration! ToLife!
Yoga is an ancient practice that dates back thousands of years. The basic definition of yoga is the union of the mind, body and spirit. Over the years, several different schools or styles of yoga have formed. At ToLife! the primary style of yoga that we teach is Hatha Yoga. The focus is on Asana (poses), Pranayama (breathing), Mudras (gestures), Shatkriya (purification of the mind) and meditation. Yoga is for everyone, regardless of age and physical condition, and although yoga is not a religion it does incorporate a spiritual aspect into its practice. With regular practice students will realize numerous benefits that lead to a full and balanced life.
Benefits of Yoga
- Healing, transformation, discovery
- Health and balance for mind, body and spirit
- Strengthening and release of muscles and fascia
- Relief from mental stress, depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Help in managing chronic pain, due to injury or illness
- Supports healthy aging – can slow progression of osteoporosis, lower blood pressure, and diabetic A1C numbers
- Mental and physical support for women’s issues – menstruation through menopause
- Offering children a path to self-awareness and self-confidence, relief from stress and anxiety, increased mental focus, and creating balance in body and mind
In Joseph Pilates’ own words, Pilates (formerly known as “Contrology”) was designed to help people in “the attainment and maintenance of a uniformly developed body with a sound mind fully capable of naturally, easily and satisfactorily performing our many and varied daily tasks with spontaneous zest and pleasure.”
The classical Pilates method concentrates on maintaining pelvic stability while strengthening the deep core muscles, therefore supporting the spine and keeping it mobile, resulting in a longer, healthier life.
Benefits of Pilates
- Strengthens your core
- Tones and builds long, lean muscles
- Improves posture, alignment, and balance
- Corrects chronic weaknesses and muscular imbalances
- Awakens and enhances your mind/body connection
- Teaches you how to breathe more efficiently and deepen your lung capacity
- Use of the Pilates apparatus provides assistance and/or resistance depending on the needs of the client
- Ability to modify exercises to work around injuries, while still getting a full-body workout
See what kind of classes we offer!
We offer a wide variety of group classes, including Yoga, Pilates, Kettlebells, and Stretch. We also offer private and semi-private Pilates apparatus sessions, private Thai Yoga sessions, and private Therapeutic Yoga sessions.
Check out our introductory offers!
We offer multiple introductory packages for new clients as well as existing clients. Take advantage of this discounted pricing and try something new!